7/9/09

My Personal Painting Challenge: THE OATH

So, my FLGS is holding a Steamroller mixed Hordes and Warmachine tournament on September 5th. I want to participate, and fully intend to get the day off from work and show up ready to roll. Its a 750 point tourney, and I got the list to use.

However, I am not the best painter. Sure, I got my Purple Ironclad, and now thanks to the purchase I made I got a few other painted guys (namely a Centurion). I want to have my force painted before the 5th and I am pretty sure I can do it.

Here is what I need to paint:
Ol' Rowdy (I have to purchase him, but he is replacing my Defender)
10 Long Gunners
Darius
Squire
Halfjacks (3)
Ironclad (Finish)

Thats assuming I don't get the stuff to make my OTHER 750 list. Right now, this is what I am going to work with for this 750:

Army: Boy and Jacks Alternate
Faction: Cygnar
Army Points: 744/750
Victory Points: 21

Captain E. Dominic Darius
Centurion
Ironclad
Ol' Rowdy
Squire
Long Gunners (10)
Trenchers (10)
Trencher Grenade Porter
Trencher Officer and Sharpshooter


I don't intend to paint the Trenchers right now. They are already kinda painted, and frankly I am not a fan of them. Too expensive and not very tough, and don't fit MY personal playstyle.

However, if I am able to pull it off I intend to purchase the following:

Ol' Rowdy (This is happening in a week, so this is a "for sure")
10 Sword Knights + UA
Long Gunner UA
Stormsmiths (2)
Journeyman Warcaster

Which, if I am able to get them all, will give me the following list to use on the Tourney:


Army: A Boy and his Jacks
Faction: Cygnar
Army Points: 749/750
Victory Points: 25

Captain E. Dominic Darius
Centurion
Ironclad
Ol' Rowdy
Squire
Journeyman Warcaster
Stormsmith
Stormsmith
Long Gunners (10)
Long Gunner Officer and Standard Bearer
Sword Knights (10)
Sword Knight Officer and Standard Bearer


I would totally prefer that list, but we shall have to see whats in the cards.

Now for my Oath: I WILL HAVE MY ARMY PAINTED (save for Trenchers) by the 5th of September. For me, this is a huge deal. I tend to not be focused on this sort of thing but I am going to do my best. I need to pick up a few things though: a gold metallic, and a black wash. I think I can nab those along with Rowdy.

1 comment: