7/14/09

A New Start and Thanks

Ok first of all I want to thank the people who weighed in so far on my previous post, Realizations and Headaches. I really appreciate the suggestions, and am looking to get rid of my Cygnar stuff on Bartertown, which is really cool.

I have decided to go ahead and get JUST a Warpack/Battle Box of Troll Bloods, and get some practice in with that. I hate proxying (always have, even back in the days when I played Magic the Gathering) and Troll Bloods seem to be a nice solid group. I play to have fun, not to be competative. If I am competative, then great! I will still go into Tournaments and whatnot even with a low tier force.

So, starting Sunday, I will be Troll Bloodin it up. I am waiting till Sunday to make SURE that I want these guys. I keep reading the offical forums, reading about the tactics, and looking at the mini's and whatnot I cannot help but be stoked at getting em. I will admit yet again that my initial enthusiam was about the game in general, and not my faction. This time, its the other way around. I know I like the game. I enjoy it, I have played a few games and gotten a basic feel, and have learned quickly. And I believe I am ready to really get into it.

So my previous painting pledge is pretty much null and void. I doubt I will get to 750 points in time for that tournament, which is fine. It doesn't matter. I am gonna take my time, and do this right this time around.

Besides, if I get the battle box and decide I don't like Trollbloods, then oh well! Its not like it was a huge investment! To be honest however, the only other faction that comes CLOSE to making me want to play is PoM. And they are really a second choice.

3 comments:

  1. Go for it :) I have a spare axer and impaler if you're hunting at some point :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you borrow stuff from your buddies and try them out first that way? Since you are looking around, why rush it? Try out some other factions while you are at it.

    --Norberrt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly my options for gaming friends is limited. I know right now about 4 and 3 of them play Khador, and 1 plays Skorne.

    So I figured I am just gonna go ahead and nab the Battle Box and play a few small games with that. For me, rushing it would be going and buying the box, plus champs and fel caller and ect ect ect.

    ReplyDelete