7/19/09

The Start of it All! And a Few Painting Questions



I figured a picture says a thousand words so... here ya go!


Ok now on the actual questions. How on earth should I paint these bad boys? I have no experience really painting flesh. I have only done a single Orc Warboss 3 years ago and used the dipping method to get shading and whatnot. So what kind of tips can you all give me for actually painting these guys? What colors would I need if I wanted to go with a classic skin tone? What kind of wash if any should I use?

The painting noob needs help here guys!

3 comments:

  1. Dude! Rock! :P
    - Gday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Brushthralls have a article you can start with to get some ideas from here:

    http://archive.brushthralls.com/model-walkthroughs/faction-box-in-10-days-trollblood.html

    Don't feel like you have to paint the skin blue though. I've seen trolls in plenty of other colors that look just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The GW washes are very good, particularly when applied in several thin coats. A real time saver when it comes to doing flesh.

    ReplyDelete