9/28/09

Madrak List

Ok so after playing 2 500 point games with Grim, I am really not feeling him. I like him, in theory, but he just doesn't fit my play style at the moment. That style of course is AXE TO FACE! So, I started tinkering with a Madrak list.

So here is what I came up with. Sadly, I took Mulg out and replaced him with a regular Mauler.

Faction: Trollblood
Points: 497
Model Count: 14
Victory Points: 18

Madrak Ironhide
Troll Axer
Troll Impaler
Dire Troll Mauler
Fell Caller
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes [4] (0 added)
Trollkin Champions [5]

All I am missing from this is the Mauler. I can pick that up next week on Payday, and thus have a solid looking 500 point brick list. I kind of like the feel of this list. Now I could take Mulg instead, but then I got to ditch the KSB and I end up with 10 points left over and I am not sure how I feel about that. This is what the Mulg list looks like:

Faction: Trollblood
Points: 490
Model Count: 10
Victory Points: 16

Madrak Ironhide
Troll Axer
Troll Impaler
Mulg The Ancient
Fell Caller
Trollkin Champions [5]


I am really thinking I prefer the list with the Mauler. Sides, the Mauler is still AWESOME looking. Any suggestions/comments?

4 comments:

  1. Madrak's definitely more axe-to-face than Grim, that's for sure.

    As more and more Trollblood models get released, I feel that the Kreilstone is becoming less and less "necessary" in a Trollblood army. It does make the Champions even worse but Sure Foot is going to do a lot for that already.

    If you really dig Mulg, my choice would be to go wit hthe second list, but add in the Swamp Gobbers Bellows Crew. They're a solid 5-point unit that can throw a cloud out to block LOS to Madrak or something else that's important (barring Eyeless Sight).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gobbers appear to be 13 points in my Tabletop Commander program...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha hah. I'm confusing point filler in my Protectorate army (5-point wracks) with point filler in my Legion army. :) They're still handy but they're not going to fit in the second list; bummber.

    It's a tuff call. My biggest beef with Mulg is his slow speed, but the Axer helps with that. Then again the Mauler's animus can be very handy on almost any model in its list.

    I guess my altered recommendation would be to play the Mulg list since you own everything a few times and see if you feel you need the added armor of the Kreilstone. That way you don't have to buy anything just yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I acutally don't own Mulg yet. Its one of those "Do I buy Mulg or a Mauler" questions.

    I own everything else in both lists. Choices choices!

    ReplyDelete