9/22/09

Trollish Planning at its Finest!

Ok. After much thought and deliberation, I have decided on which Heavy beast I am going to go with. DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

And the winner is...





Mulg the Ancient!

Now I am sure some of you are going to ask why. Well its simple. I love the model. It really came down to what I wanted to see, not necessarily what was most effective. Truth be told I play to have fun first, and if I win great. There is just something about this big guy that draws me to him, and while playing him without Horluck may not be the most intelligent thing to do, by golly I am gonna do it. Besides, he just looks cool.

Now, I have an idea on what to do at 500 with Mulg using what I have. Here is what I was looking at:

Faction: Trollblood
Points: 498
Model Count: 16
Victory Points: 17

Grim Angus
Troll Impaler
Mulg The Ancient
Fell Caller
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes [6] (2 added)
> Stone Scribe Elder [1]
Trollkin Champions [5]

So in this case I am going to need 1 more Scribe, the Elder, and Mulg himself. Yea, I need 1 more Scribe. Go figure that I would be missing the second from the blister. Ehehehe.

I already do have plans to go to 750. This is what I was looking at for that point level:

Faction: Trollblood
Points: 750
Model Count: 23
Victory Points: 25

Grim Angus
Troll Impaler
Troll Impaler
Mulg The Ancient
Fell Caller
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes [4] (0 added)
> Stone Scribe Elder [1]
Trollkin Champions [5]
Trollkin Champions [5]
Trollkin Long Riders [3] (0 added)


For this I am going to need Mulg, The Elder, Long Riders, and a second unit of Champs. The basic idea is to do what Trolls do best. Slowly but surely walk up and put an Axe to your face. Both lists are based around that. I figure I can use Grim to give Cross Country in both lists to whomever needs it (The champs or Mulg in the first list, or the Champs, Mulg, or Long Riders in the second). Now once again this may not be the most perfect list, but it seems like a lot of fun to me and its probably something my opponents won't expect.

Already I can see people looking at me like I am crazy, and then being amazed when I actually succeed. I know I will be.

2 comments:

  1. Do you have an Axer? You may find its animus more useful than a second Far Strike in a list with Mulg. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a good idea. I hadn't thought about Rush + Mulg.

    I do indeed own an Axer. I did get the battlebox you know.

    ReplyDelete